Discover the Possibilities of Youth Travel
- Published: Friday, 31 January 2020 16:56
We know that travel changes young lives for good and the SYTA Youth Foundation (SYF) provides access to travel opportunities for students and youth that would otherwise be unavailable due to family hardship, budget cuts in school systems or simply lack of the access to, or education about, travel as a learning experience.
Through strategic partnerships and initiatives, SYF does the following:
• Provides scholarships and financial aid for students and youth in need.
• Enriches the link between travel experiences and character development.
• Identifies opportunities that support the evolving needs of today's youth.
• Designs and implements assistance projects to enhance social, cultural and educational experiences.
• Targets financial and alternative support resources to further fund SYF objectives.
• Acts as a vehicle for the many volunteer resources and funding capabilities available from SYTA members, the student and youth travel industry, the educational community and the public.
More than 55.5 million students enrolled in U.S. public schools today represent tomorrow’s global citizens. A lack of personal funding is prohibiting many of those students from participating in a complete and comprehensive education they could receive through travel experiences.
According to recent research conducted by SYTA (link to syta.org), 79% of educators consider student travel a priority to increase student’s cultural awareness and 74% believe it has a positive impact on student’s personal development.
With your help through a donation, SYF will work to ensure that no student in need misses out on the life changing benefits of youth travel. DONATE TODAY!